Scenario: SharePoint 2016 MinRole Farm with 1 FE with Distributed Cache and 1 App with Search. Dev and Prod farms with the same specs.
Steps in Test Farm:
- Create a site using activated custom template Original.wsp and modify it.
- Save site as template and generate OriginalNew.wsp that gets activated in solution Gallery as part of the save process.
- Download OriginalNew.wsp to my local PC
Steps in Prod:
- Upload OriginalNew.wsp to Solutions Gallery
- Issue found: OriginalNew.wsp has same solution id than Original.wsp and the Activate btn is not enabled for it.
Question: How can I have both versions activated if they both are having the same ID? Or should I use another procedure than the one described to obtain the same results?