I have setup a new SP2016 single server installation for test purpose. Regardless the best practice, I use the setup account as the crawl account for my Search Service Application.
After first time full crawl, it return the "Access is denied. Verify that either the Default Content Access Account has access ..." error. I checked the web application user policy and it has full read. I tried login within server and success browse to all pages. In crawl log, it returns 1 error and 750 success. The 750 success are the 750 users's
mysite. The 1 error is
http://servername. I only have 1 web application and 1 site collection
I tested search with "People" scope result is correct. However none is returned for "everything" scope.
I have also:
- Change registry for DisableLoopBackCheck and BackConnectionHostNames
- add the default content access account to web application's user policy with "ALL READ"
- within the server (win2016), I opened IE and login with default content access account, I can browse all SharePoint pages without issue
- delete and recreate search service application
- click on search service application > administrator > grant Full control to the default content account
- try to switch authentication method between NTLM and Kerberos (both have same error "Access is denied ...")
- Use GrantAccessToProcessIdentity cmdlet to grant the default search account full permission towards the web application in question
- Create a new content DB and move all sites (using move-spsite) to it
- try to crawl only a single site collection (http://servername/sites/project)
- create a new web application and root site collection (http://servername:81). Crawl it with same setting and return exactly same error.
- Set "Ignore SSL warnings" to Yes
- Enable anonymous access
Error always the same. No result can be crawled in main site. Always the
Context: Application 'Search_Service_Application', Catalog 'Portal_Content'
Access is denied. Verify that either the Default Content Access Account has access to this repository, or add a crawl rule to crawl this repository. If the repository being crawled is a SharePoint repository, verify that the account you are using has "Full Read" permissions on the SharePoint Web Application being crawled. (0x80041205) error. Anything I missed?