I am testing out an on prem dev farm with April CU I am attempting to create the Mysite web app, sc so my user can self-create their personal sites. With PS script I have been able to repeat this a few times but without success. None of my test users are able to trigger their personal site creation. Ironically, when I repeat on a rtm farm I don't see this issue.
- Web App created with host header
- SC host created with same url and
- Managed paths for "my" (explicit) and "personal" (wildcard)
- Check service applications connection for My Site: Managed Metadata, Search and User - - Profile Service. Also checked the service connection and ran a profile sync
- Created new Permission Policy "Create My Site"
- Created an new User Policy: All zones, Everyone and "Create My Site"
- Self Service Site Create: I have tried both the "hidden from users" and prompt users: http://my.domain.com/[personal]
Out of intestest I wonder what are the implications of my lack of MySites e.g. will this affect where my previous personal search queries are stored?