First of all I have created a new web application inside my SharePoint 2013. Then I defined the following :-
From managed services I have created a new search service named "MySearch" and I defined the following URL ...://myapplication as the crawl source.
At First I have defined the crawl setting to perform incremental crawl each 4 hours, then I changed the crawl type to be continuous crawl.
Currently I have the following questions :-
- I have noted that SP automatically created a new search service named "local Sharepoint sites". So why SP automatically created this service,?
- and if in the future the two search services (local SP sites and MySearch) contained the same crawl source , will this cause unnecessary and redundant search processing to happen ?
- Where I should define my application URL as a crawl source? Inside the “Local SharePoint sites” or inside the search service which I have created "MySearch"?
- As I changed the crawl type from incremental to continues . Currently I have both continues crawl enabled and incremental crawl enabled ? So how I can disable incremental crawl (the incremental crawl button is unchecked but the incremental crawl drop down list still define the interval of 4 hours)?
- Will defining continuous crawl have some performance drawbacks?
- And in case I define continuous crawl, is there any reason to define incremental or full crawl settings to take place at any time ?
If I define ...//sharepointdev/ as a crawl source. Does it make any difference if I add something such as ...//sharepointdev:4444 or ...//sharepointdev/subsite1 to the crawl source table inside the same search service ?
Thanks in advance for any help