I installed new cerificate on my SharePoint server as old one was getting expired in next month and updated bindings in iis to use newly installed certifite.But when i browse site with the URL it is still getting accessed by old certificate.When i tired to browse site locally it is using new installed certificate. Please help me get newly installed certificate oprational.
I came to this question as I was having the same issue on a SP 2013 farm. I was quite certain that it was not caching in any proxy server as in the accepted answer for the question. I wanted to leave my solution as it may be helpful to others.
- We had replaced the cert in the certificate store and modified the settings in IIS manager for all the sites.
- We reset IIS and it still had the old certificates. I cleared my browser cache and even installed a new browser to test and I still received the old certificate.
- We rebooted the server and it did not fix the problem.
- I then deleted all the certificates (including the old one which I had not yet done) and reset IIS: still no change.
- After number 4, I rebooted the server and it finally picked up the new certificate.
I manage and develop a lot of IIS sites and had no such problem on any of those. I hope this might be helpful to someone else in a similar situation. Just delete the old cert and take an outage for a reboot as soon as you are able. Certainly not the way this should be done...