I'm trying to setup a search scope that uses a Property Query, but not getting the results I expect. The idea is that a specific site within my site collection has a set of pages that use taxonomy terms, and I want to create a search scope that only returns results where the page uses one of those terms.
e.g. let's say I have the following site structure
myserver.com/ myserver.com/support myserver.com/support/v1 myserver.com/support/v2 myserver.com/marketing
I've 'tagged' all the pages in /support/v2 to use a Term Set called
Product, which has terms of
Product OnDemand and
I'd like to create a scope that only returns results where pages in
/support/v2 have a
Product value that includes
My understanding of how this should work is as follows:
- Setup a Term Set, with Terms
- Create a new column in the pages library for a specific site (in the example,
- 'tag' each page within the site (
/support/v2) to use one or more of the terms
- within Central Admin, do a full crawl of the sitecollection
- Create a Manager Property that maps to the crawled property
- Create a scope that has a rule where Type is "Property Query", Property Query is "Product" = "Product OnDemand", and behavior is "Require"
When I do the above, I get 0 items in my scope within Central Admin, and also when viewing scopes at the sitecollection level (I often see more items at the sitecollection level than in CA, even if CA shows 0 items)
It's my understanding that I'm using SharePoint 2010 Server Search, as opposed to Fast or Enterprise (i.e. ootb SharePoint 2010 Server)
Is my understanding of how this works flawed? Are there other steps I should be taking? Any tips on what else I can look at the make this work as expected?