I am working on assignment to update SharePoint 2010 Farm Servers ( app and WFE servers) Patch update from SP1 to latest one, which we have right now, can someone guide what should be the steps.
Please correct me if I am wrong; that CU will include all the old patches update including SP2 ?
Do I need to install Dec 2019 Updates ( is it the last and latest CU update available) or I have to install all the updates, as mentioned on this link for 2010 https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/officeupdates/sharepoint-updates
Somewhere I find below steps for installing patch updates on SharePoint Servers, please correct me if I am wrong:
- Download the CU and document the issues it is purported to resolve
- Install the CU on a non-production environment FIRST and TEST IT!!
- Prepare the production SharePoint environment
- Document the production environment BEFORE patching
- Dismount ALL SharePoint content databases
- Install the CU on each farm server
- Run PSConfig on all servers
- Re-mount all content databases
- Ensure ALL content databases have been re-mounted successfully
- Run content database upgrade script(s)
- Document the production SharePoint environment AFTER patching
- Verify production farm functionality