We just migrated from SP 2010 to SP Online.
I've got an InfoPath form that is set in the form to open in the InfoPath client.
In the 2010 environment, I have a hyperlink to fill out a new InfoPath form, and a "New Item" button in the toolbar at the top of a view of the form library embedded in a page. I have the library settings set to "Open in client", and the library set to "classic".
If I am on the library itself, the form opens in the client as expected. If I click on the hyperlink to create a new form, or click the button on the embedded view, I get an error when SP tries to open the form in a browser window, even when I add the