To show list view from Parent site at subsite in SP 2013 / 2016, You have two options
Data View Web Part
Content Query Web Part
(1) Using Data View Web Part
- Open your Parent site via SharePoint Designer 2013.
- Go to File Site Pages > Create a new Page > Edit in advanced mode.
- From the above ribbon > Insert > Data View > Select the list that you need to show on the subsite.
In case the data view is disabled check DATAVIEW IS DISABLED IN
SHAREPOINT DESIGNER 2013
- Once the Data view add, from the above ribbon >
List View Tool > Web Part > Click on
To Site Gallery.
In case you are missing
List View Tool check MISSING LIST VIEW TOOLS IN SHAREPOINT DESIGNER 2013
- Make sure that you clicked on Yes at the below dialog to make sure that it will show the list data from the parent site URL
- Now open your subsite > Create a new page > edit the page > add new web part > At Miscellaneous category > the exported data view web part should be listed > Add it.
To show Toolbar > Edit your web part > and select
Show ToolBar not
(2) Using Content Query Web Part
In case you need to query data from a parent site, you can use the Content Query Web Part as a supported OOTB solution.
Note: The CQWP is only available in Publishing Template or
SharePoint Server Publishing feature activated,
- Open your Page > Click on Add web Part > below Content Rollup > Add Content Query Web Part .
- Click to open the tool pane to edit
- At Query section, > at Show items from the following list: > click browse to browse any list from any site below your site collection.
- Select the list that you need from the parent site.
Now you just need to show the CQWP as Grid with your required column, in this case, check this article SharePoint Content Query web part like a SharePoint List View
If you don't have Publishing Template, you will need to
SharePoint Server Publishing Infrastructure at the site collection feature.
SharePoint Server Publishing at the site feature.
But you should note that activating these features will lead to
missing the Save site as a template. For more details check MISSING
SAVE SITE AS TEMPLATE IN SHAREPOINT