Can I filter my view to show only 5000 recent added/updated out of 6000 items? My list has more than 5000 items and I want to show only 5000 recent items.
You can achieve this,
First you have to Sort items by modified date or Created date and then set item limit.
- Go to "Your View" In list setting.
- Click on "Your View" on which you want to set item limits. (Modify View)
- In "Sort" section, select "created" or "modified" column from drop down.
- Then select the radio button "Show items in descending order"
- Go down, In "Item Limit" section, Type the maximum number of items you want to display.
- Then select radio button "Limit the total number of items returned to the specified amount".