I have created a custom newform.aspx using the copy of the existing Sharepoint 2010 list form using SP Designer tool.Now i want to make this mynewcustomform.aspx as the default form when the user clicks on the new item in my SPList.How to achieve this ?
- Open SP Designer
- In left side, click on "List and Libraries" in Site objects pane.
- All lists and libraries will open in right pane.
- Single click the desired list name.
- In extreme right side you can see a Forms Pane with list of all forms(Default and your custom forms).
- Select(single click) you custom form.
- In highlighted ribbon you can see a option "Set as Default". Click it, and your custom form is set to default.
If you want this to be set up automatically. You can create a custom list definition and change the Form-Node e.g.:
<List> ... <MetaData> <Forms> <Form Type="DisplayForm" Url="DispForm.aspx" SetupPath="pages\form.aspx" WebPartZoneID="Main" /> <Form Type="EditForm" Url="EditForm.aspx" SetupPath="pages\form.aspx" WebPartZoneID="Main" /> <Form Type="NewForm" Url="NewForm.aspx" SetupPath="features\$SharePoint.Feature.DeploymentPath$\mynewcustomform.aspx" WebPartZoneID="Main" /> </Forms> </MetaData> </List>