I'm trying to run the following PS command on a SharePoint 2010 Foundation Farm:
Update-SPSolution -Identity testwebpart.wsp -LiteralPath C:\ChrisProjects\TestWebPart\TestWebPart\TestWebPart\bin\Debug\TestWebPart.wsp -GACDeployment
But I'm getting the following error:
Update-SPSolution : Cannot uninstall the LanguagePack 0 because it is not deployed. At line:1 char:18 + Update-SPSolution <<<< -Identity testwebpart.wsp -LiteralPath C:\ChrisProjects\TestWebPart\TestWebPart\TestWebPart\b in\Debug\TestWebPart.wsp -GACDeployment + CategoryInfo : InvalidData: (Microsoft.Share...tUpdateSolution:SPCmdletUpdateSolution) [Update-SPSoluti on], SPCmdletException + FullyQualifiedErrorId : Microsoft.SharePoint.PowerShell.SPCmdletUpdateSolution
I'm looking everywhere for a resolution, but can't find one... I tried restarting the SharePoint 2010 Admin/Timer services, nothing. I tried removing the wsp, but couldn't do it. I tried deploying through CA, that errored out saying the feature had already been installed. Not sure what to do at this point.
I can remove the solution through CA. I then go back to VS, rebuild the wsp and run the following command to get it back on the farm:
stsadm -o addsolution -filename C:\ChrisProjects\TestWebPart\TestWebPart\TestWebPart\bin\Debug\TestWebPart.wsp
I go back to Central Admin, and there it sits. Then, when I go in to Deploy it, I get this message:
A feature with ID ab488346-be08-4a61-aabf-abad966ba10c has already been installed in this farm. Use the force attribute to explicitly re-install the feature.
I am SO lost... I really hate SharePoint.
I'm not really sure why or how, but all of a sudden it's working. I just tried to remove and then readd the package, following the exact same steps above, which I had already done 5 times, and it suddenly worked.
Albert Einstein once said, "Insanity is doing the same task repetitively expecting a different result". Obviously, Mr. Einstein has never worked with SharePoint.