A company has a lot of projects (partly product development projects, partly infrastructure projects and "miscellaneous" other projects), where very often different departments are involved.
SharePoint (2013) be used to document and show the current status and last actions of each project and to collect information about those projects?
- list of all projects
- show responsible persons in the different departments
- show project status (phase and % of completion)
- link to important documents
- place for notes (maybe like a "blog" with "atomic" entries) about the project progress and decisions
- project calendar with important milesones, dates, etc.
I assume there are plugins, but maybe you can also recommend some "best practice" descriptions for such solutions?
Note: The company does currently NOT use
Microsoft Project for project management.