I have to replicate an existing web application and build it on a different farm in a different SharePoint server (version 2010). I have never even created and configured a complete web application so far. Could anyone help on what all information I need to collect and how can I do this? So far I have picked out that below things to be done,
- Create a Web application in the second farm with the required account configuration
- Take a backup of the databases from 1st webapp and restore it on the db server of second webapp.
- Install the wsp solutions
- Configure necessary services which are specifically created for those webapps.
- IIS app pool configuration
The above could be wrong, please help me out.