Member for 9 years, 10 months
Last seen this week
So the answer is that Multi-line Text fields in SharePoint are NOT searchable or Filterable, end of story. I have found a solution that works. This solution is to keep a SQL Server table update to ...
This is how I got things working! It took a lot of research but it works great. It takes the meta data and prepends it to the PDF file, or what ever file type it is that you're uploading. It's not 100%...
Yes, you must configure outgoing e-mail settings in Central Admin before you have the option to e-mail out or not when Sharing.
I think Lookups in SharePoint are more like #1;Choice1;#2;Choice2; etc so that might be a cause. Let me know if you have already solved this and how you did it.
The answer is to put it into a batch file and reference that instead.
It was the custom branding done by someone else that caused this issue.
This was the solution for me. I added her code to the OnActivate method of my feature. http://blog.qumsieh.ca/2009/05/15/how-to-change-the-default-editform-newform-and-dispform/
So, the solution was to simply delete the offending rows in the AllDocs table. I was afraid of doing this in case something went wrong, so I did a backup first! Then researched the AllDocs table a bit ...