- TypeScript offers classes, modules, and interfaces to help developers build robust components.
- TypeScript as a language extension adds (amongst others) the following features:
- Type annotations and compile-time type checking
- Enums (to define a set of named constants)
- Generics (classes, types, and functions that can work over a variety of types)
- Await (suspends the execution until an asynchronous function return promise is fulfilled)
- Abbreviated "arrow" syntax for anonymous functions
- Optional parameters and default parameters