New answers tagged

0

The maximum capacity for single index partition in SP 2013 is 10 M items. You may want to look at re-partitioning your index if you are staying on 2013. 2016/2019 can handle 20M/partition. Software boundaries and limits for SharePoint 2013


0

One option that will work but it is kind of a hack could be to pre or postfix the title of the site with an id like '_globalsearch' and use that as a short term solution


0

If you have the ability to guide the implementation I would suggest creating a Content Type for your purpose. If the documents or Items are of that content Type then they can show up in your search. If they are not, they won't.


0

Per my test, there's no smart ways to create a result source containing URLs selected by you. You have to manually add the urls in the query builder.


1

I solved the problem by change the default AAM from "https://servername" to "https://mysharepoint.abc.xyz". The search is working for this string pattern now. https://mysharepoint.abc.xyz/sites/abc/_layouts/15/osssearchresults.aspx?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmysharepoint%2Eabc%2Exyz%2Fsites%2Fabc&k=* However now something else is breaking. When I click my name at ...


0

After spending a few hours, I was able to fix the issue I was having with my SharePoint site. Luckily I had another site where the search was working as expected, so I did a comparison with that site, and found out that, some settings are enabled in the working site. Go to your site settings and click on Site Collection Features under Site Collection ...


1

Please check if SSL is configured correctly as per below link. https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/fabdulwahab/2013/01/20/configure-ssl-for-sharepoint-2013/ Also check if you are passing http:// (without S) in u, does it work? Definitely it has something to do with your SSL certificate not configured correctly. If you SharePoint admin, please check if SSL is ...


0

By default SharePoint use Best Bet display templates for search result. This means, based on the parent content type, SharePoint will bind it to item or document display template. But, in search result, the item display template will point to item display form, while document will point to the document open/download url. To change the link to document ...


1

Try to use Search Query Tool to check if you can get the results when set the Trim Duplicate option to disable. If so, you need to query with more unique text to get the result. Or there is a workaround to search in the search center to edit the search result web part to group the refiner by documentsignature, more information check the blog below: Search ...


0

Really late answer, I know! But in my case this query string worked: contentclass:STS_Web path:http://sitecolname/* Site<>{Site.URL} First statement gives you only webs in your result, path parameter searches for all webs and subwebs in the defined path. The last statement excludes the current site from your results. And there you have it. Off course ...


0

Just like MHeld said, the main process is to clone your old topology, modify the new topology and activate the new one. You can add and remove the search components at the same time and activate the new topology. Have a check on the official doc: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint/search/manage-the-search-topology https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/...


1

I have completely reconfigured entire SSAs in one step (e.g. moving Search away from a WebFrontEnd server, enabling HighAvailability, ...). This is no problem at all. The steps are: Clone your existing topology Modify the cloned topology Activate the cloned topology Optional: Delete the old topology The entire process is described here in great detail: ...


Top 50 recent answers are included