I ended up fixing this issue. It was due to the fact that the lookup field was in a sub web and there was a bug in the PnP Core that I fixed and issued a pull request for.
For anyone who stumbles on this post, the actual syntax for the List attribute should be:
The tokenized syntax is unique to the PnP provisioning engine, so it ...
There are some, you can find these here:
For 2010: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/8666.sharepoint-2010-best-practices.aspx
For 2013: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/12438.sharepoint-2013-best-practices.aspx
On this link, you can find a section called development which has some links about writing code.
Thanks a lot for your replies, it seems that some old version of DLLs are being held in the memory. I run IISRESET command and restarted the Timer Service and the error was gone.
So problem to the solution is the Microsoft Way -- RESET :)
there are 4 main patterns that are commonly used! between them mvp and repository are the most common, in you case i would belive the best option would be repository:
•The Model-View-Presenter (MVP) Pattern
•The Repository Pattern
•The Service Locator Pattern
•The Trusted Façade Pattern
According to Usama Wahab Khan, Senior Solution Architect for SharePoint and Microsoft Technologies it's these four patterns:
The Trusted Façade Pattern
Reference: Most Important Design Patterns for SharePoint Developers