4

That's the right approach to take, but you'll need to do a couple of other things as well: When you've restored the DB to the new SQL server, run EXEC sp_chagedbowner 'domain\user' to change the owner of the content database to the farm admin (also known as the database access account) for the new farm. Ensure that the authentication mechanism of the web ...


4

Are you missing custom solutions in your new 2010 farm, that exist in the 2007 farm? Compare the installed features/solutions in both farms. However, you really should upgrade to SP2. The preupgradecheck stsadm command was added in SP2 and is very good at identifying where you're going to have issues. The upgrade alone may even solve your problems.


3

After working on this for past 3 days finally following steps helped I deleted all the users from _layouts/15/people.aspx?MembershipGroupId=0 I then copied all the SharePoint groups from the source site to target site Now all the users have proper permissions and they appear with the claim token. Thanks Trevor for looking into this.


3

As per Your DR scenario, you have two independent farm. I would recommend the following steps. Setup the DR farm same as Prod Farm( which i believe you have). Now Create the web app and configure the same authentication etc. Now take the backup the content database from Production sql server Restore the database on the DR farm and attached to the web app. ...


2

Some time when you attach a Content DB to the web application, it could not get updated all places in SharePoint. In this kind of sitution, we follow the below steps to fix it. Dettach the Content DB from Web App, using Central admin or Powershell Re attach the Content DB.


2

I had just to wait. It tooks almost 2 hours. It needs time to re-create the clustered index on the table. (in my case AllDataUsers table has more than 5k items)


2

it makes no difference. When migrating from 2007 to 2010, the content db is migrated and so is the ui settings as it resides within the content db.... i think its just xml and xslt content. The only reason that i could see to change the UI would be for UI testing to make sure everything from 2007 to 2010 is properly migrated over (custom UI wise). You ...


2

Set the database to read-only mode and that should be enough. No need to stop IIS site. UPDATE To set the database readonly using SQL Query use: ALTER DATABASE DBName SET READ_ONLY Same task can be performed by selecting the database in SQL management studio. Right click on the database, select properties, then select options, scroll down to State ...


2

No, SQL Server 2016 is not supported with SharePoint 2013. As noted, maximum is SQL 2014 although that requires a baseline patch level (which you should have well exceeded by now given you're current on SharePoint patches).


2

You can specify the database-name when creating the service application through Powershell. To do this, use New-SPProfileServiceApplication with the flag -ProfileDBName. Documentation: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/module/sharepoint-server/New-SPProfileServiceApplication?view=sharepoint-ps


1

Re-run Convert-SPWebApplication. It is safe to re-run this.


1

1st thing, i am sure Sharepoint 2007 not supported with SQL 2012 or above. You have to upgrade the SharePoint 2007 to SharePoint 2010. Once upgrade to 2010 then you can upgrade the Database to latest version of the SQL. While you upgrading the Content DB on sql, I would recommend shut down the SharePoint to avoid any issue.


1

This one is expected behavior. When performing the upgrade, you need to plan on having plenty of drive space available on both System drive as well as Data drive and Log Drive for SQL. Here is some real time example. Once I moved the database to a terrabyte partition, the error was resolved. I found that, in order to reliably upgrade a SharePoint 2007 ...


1

Your environment must be updated to at least Service Pack 2 of Office SharePoint Server 2007 to run the upgrade process, either for an in-place or database attach upgrade. We recommend that you install the October 2009 Cumulative Update because it includes improvements to the pre-upgrade checker tool. Review system requirements for upgrade (SharePoint ...


1

this error is some leading towards your sandbox solutions, even though you removed it but its not properly removed and still the reference of that solutions still exist in the sites. You have to remove the references from site collection. here is tool from Code plex which will help you find and remove the orphan solution/features. FeatureAdmin or Sharepoint ...


Only top voted, non community-wiki answers of a minimum length are eligible