I have a SharePoint 2013 Farm which is behind a secure firewall and has no internet access which includes a Web Application running over SSL.
We keep seeing the following error in the SharePoint ULS logs (A certificate validation operation took milliseconds and has exceeded the execution time threshold). The timeout is anytime from 10 - 70 seconds and every time causes the page load to pause (and sometimes timeout completely).
I have performed all of the following:
- Added the following certificates into the Trusted Certification Authorities store on all servers:
- SharePoint Root Authority (extracted from SPCertificateAuthority using PowerShell)
- SSL Certs for Web App (both the wildcard cert and the parent chain certs)
- Added the "generatePublisherEvidence" attribute to the machine.config on all web servers (value set to "False")
- Set the Registry Key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WinTrust\Trust Providers\Software Publishing to 146944 (certificate revocation check disabled)
- Modified the local security policy and disabled "Network Retrieval" under Public Key Policies
- Use NETSH commands to add the IIS SSL bindings with certificate revocation checks disabled
- Added "127.0.0.1 crl.microsoft.com" to the HOSTS file on each server
- Servers have all been rebooted
This is very slowly driving me mad. Does anyone have anything else I can try?