Help VERY much appreciated - on the ropes with this one. I started again with new VMs and used all the recipes and the environment is looking fairly clean. But this one is killing me.
Crawl account for both Sharepoint Foundation and Sharepoint Server Search is KETECH\sp_search Trying to crawl http://intranet.ketech.org The doc I'm searching for is in a doc list on the top page of the top level site collection at http://intranet.ketech.org
sp_search a/c is NOT a local admin on SharePoint server or in domain admins and NOT a farm admin.
sp_search a/c is the default content access account There is a crawl rule including http://intranet.ketech.org and the content source is 'Local Sharepoint Sites'.
There is only one WSS content DB showing under SQL and I've give sp_search datawriter and datareader on it.
The search just says nothing found. The crawl log under 'Local Sharepoint Sites' shows 0 successes and 2 warnings. In the windows application event log I get:
The start address http://intranet.ketech.org cannot be crawled.
Context: Application 'Search_Service_Application_-_Intranet', Catalog 'Portal_Content'
Details: Item is not crawled due to one of the following reasons: Preventive crawl rule; Specified content source hops/depth exceeded; URL has query string parameter; Required protocol handler not found; Preventive robots directive. (0x80040d07)
And then the same thing.... The start address sps3://intranet.ketech.org cannot be crawled.
I've tried ULS viewer but there doesn't seem to be anything obvious there. The only thing I wondered about was I can't remember if I created the webapp with a host header and don't know where to check.
General Environment: Demo/Dev setup, UAC and IE ESC disabled and loopback check disabled. http://intranet.ketech.org is listed in trusted sites and no proxy or 'detect automatically' setup in LAN connections in IE.