I am new to SharePoint development.
I am trying automate the task of:
- Uploading documents from a network share to a SharePoint document library.
- The related metadata for each of the files also need to be brought into the SharePoint columns. (will taken from a single CSV file in the same location with filenames mapped in it)
- This process needs to automatically run on a predefined schedule (eg: daily/once an hour etc)
I want to know:
- What is the best way to achieve this? (PowerShell script running on Windows task scheduler, creating a service etc.)
- Starting point for coding or any code already available since it looks like this might be a very common requirement.
I am using Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010 (14.0.4763.1000)