I'm having a big issue in connecting Visual Studio 2013 to SharePoint 2013. When I create a project in VS2013, I choose SharePoint Empty Project and then the URL of my SharePoint site, when I click on "Validate" I have the error "Cannot connect to the SharePoint site. Make sure that the site URL is valid and that the current user has the necessary permissions to access the site".
I've search all over the internet for a solution to that point but even if I've tried a lot of things, I still have this issue...
In my environment:
- I am using the SharePoint admin account (used for the installation)
- I am Site Collection Administrator
- I have verified / added this account as DBO in 3 differents databases : SharePoint Config / AdminContent and Site Content
- I am in Local Administrator group of the server
- I am using Hosts file to identify my Alternate Access Mapping
- I am using Visual Studio with elevated privilege (Run as administrator) and in the same server where SharePoint is installed
- Visual Studio 2013 already has Developer Tool included
I've really try a lot of thing, adding another user as DBO in the database, SharePoint site, etc... But I didn't find anything to help me.
Can you help me guys ? Maybe it will be easy for you to identify if I'm doing something wrong