0

I have a SharePoint online solution with several users. Most of my columns have display names different from the internal column names.

Now, for some strange reason, some of my users see my lists and views with internal column names , some see the same lists with the display names on the user interface.

I believe everyone is supposed to see the display names.

Does someone have an idea what I could do to fix this?

It is not a browser issue, I tried logging in from several different machines and I keep getting the same result.

  • Is your site multilanguage? Can your users choose the display language? – MdMazzotti Jan 18 '14 at 11:54
  • Yes it is. I have tried changing the language of the user, but that didn't fix my problem. – Mate Uzsoki Jan 18 '14 at 12:10
  • did you deployed the columns using declarative or programatic? When editing the column in the address bar do you see the same internal name as display name? – Marius Constantinescu - MVP Jan 18 '14 at 13:42
  • I created the list with SharePoint Designer. I saw the internal names when I clicked "Modify View". – Mate Uzsoki Jan 18 '14 at 14:30
  • Sorry, my first comment is incorrect. Changing the user langauge does fix the problem, but it takes a bit of time to take effect. The only remaining question is if it is possible to have the display names with my language (Hungarian) . If someone else has the same problem : make sure that your users have the exact same language set in their user profile than the user that created the site. – Mate Uzsoki Jan 18 '14 at 14:47

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.