The "Assigned To" column in my SharePoint 2013 tasks list show all values as blank. However, I can use filter by user correctly. This occurs in every location I have a task Webpart (main page and tasks list). This occurred early in the development of this site but was set as a minor issue and left till now to fix (it is now one of our major issues).
Assigned to looks blank
Filter still works (values are there)
Interestingly if you go into edit and double click the field it shows the text. If you highlight the whole page normally, nothing is there (so it's not just shown in white or something dumb)
What I've tried so far:
- Deleting and creating a new webpart to display the list
- Disabling Assigned to from the view and re-enabling it
- Changing view back to a default SharePoint one
- Using a different computer
- Using different account (admin/user)
- Deleting all tasks and creating new ones
- Changing the "Show field" option (Settings > Edit Column) to various things, the values shown on the filter are updated accordingly but still not shown on the page.
- Dug through all the settings I could find (I’m hoping I’ve just missed one)
- Reset the server (because why not)
I do use the value "Assigned to" in my approval workflows, which is one of the only non-standard things I can think of relating to this field but should not cause this problem.
I'm assuming this is just a setting somewhere, or a SP bug (although I can't find any similar problem on the web)