Earlier today I had no problem, but this afternoon something (and I've no clue what) changed in my Forms Based Authentication setup in SharePoint 2013, so that while I can login to my site using IE10, I can no longer do so with Firefox or Chrome.
Essentially I found, while debugging my custom login script in Visual Studio, that the following line of code returns
true when using IE10 (both locally on the server and remotely from my desktop), but when I use other browsers the line returns
false. I can't explain why
if (Membership.ValidateUser(formUserName, formPassword))
I've checked the values of
formPassword and they match between using IE and FF, which makes this even more bizzare. I've also cleared everything from within FF (cookies, cache, etc.) and still no joy.