On a recent installation users have reported that when searching for someone the results page is initially blank when they click on "People" in Search Center to filter results by people rather than all items. If they click refresh then the search works fine on refresh and continues to work until a new person is searched for.
Installation is a farm of 4 servers with only one server configured for indexing, two web front ends and an application server.
Steps to recreate
- Enter search term "john smith"
- Press enter to be directed to search results page
- Search Center results displays all hits
- Click on "people" under search term to filter the results
- Page is blank but url is correct
- press refresh / F5 - to display results
Browsers used: Chrome, IE10, IE9, IE8 - no errors logged to any of their consoles.