Before I start - I'm new to this SharePoint development lark and am slowly familiarising myself with it.
We're using SharePoint online and I have amended the SharePoint out-of-the-box document library to include some extra fields that are required when the user adds a new document.
If the user creates or uploads a new document then they are prompted to enter the required information. However if they use the drag and drop functionality the entry of the necessary fields is bypassed.
During my search I came across this post which asks how to enforce metadata entry (which would be another good option for me). It also mentions disabling the drag and drop functionality by editing
dragdrop.js and removing content from various methods.
I've had a look at the site collection I'm working on (to which I have full control) and I can't seem to find
dragdrop.js (or the
layouts folder for that matter).
- Is this something that's held at site collection level or is it held at a higher level?
- I don't have admin rights above my site collection, do I need them?
- Do I need to use Visual Studio to make the necessary changes? (Currently I'm doing things through the web and having a bit of a play with Napa I don't have Visual Studio installed)
- When I get there is it obvious what methods need to be removed?
- How can I tell SharePoint to use the new version of
dragdrop.js? Is it just a case of saving a copy of the existing one to a different name and then editing the existing file?
I suppose the best place for me to have asked this question would probably have been on the existing post, but I am unable to post a comment on there, sorry...