As the title says, I'm trying to create a Report Data Source on Sharepoint 2010 where I have an SQL2012 instance with the PowerPivot, SSRS and the sharepoint add-in configured.
I choose "Microsoft BI Semantic Model for Power View" and write the connection string, then select Windows Authentication. When I click "Test Connection" it displays: "The connection either timed out or was lost".
I tried opening SQL Managment Studio on the server and connecting to the remote server which has the SSAS instance and it does connect. I'm trying to find what is happening.
It seems the [problem] is from trying to connect from the sharepoint server to an external SSAS. Also, I have Sharepoint 2010, SQL2012 for Sharepoint and my SSAS are 2005, I don't know it that helps.
I added the SPN for MSOLAPSvc.3 (following this question) with:
setspn -A MSOLAPSvc.3/serverFQDN server
I was looking at the sharepoint logs, and it seems is the same problem as this.
But I haven't found where to configure correctly the constrained delegation.
I created a spn for the domain account I'm trying to do the delegation to SSAS. Then I added the delegation to MSOLAPSvc.3 on the other server. And now sharepoint shows
A connection cannot be made to redirector. Ensure that 'SQL Browser' service is running.