I have to problems left on my dev machine. 1. The Security Token Service is unavailable 2. Get the user profile sync serve started.
I am getting the following error every 5 minutes in my event log after a fresh Sharepoint 2010 Service Pack 2 installation:
Event 8306 (SharePoint Foundation) of severity 'Error' occurred 30 more time(s) and was suppressed in the event log
Looking for similar erros in the event log brought the following line:
Request for security token failed with exception: System.ServiceModel.EndpointNotFoundException: Could not connect to http://localhost:32843/SecurityTokenServiceApplication/securitytoken.svc/actas. TCP error code 10061: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 127.0.0.1:32843
I have tried to directly browse to
http://localhost:32843/SecurityTokenServiceApplication/securitytoken.svc but Chrome keeps on displaying "the page cannot be displayed"
/EDIT: Changing the url to
http://hostname:32843/SecurityTokenxxx..../xxx.svc resulted in a page displayed with the following error:
The server was unable to process the request due to an internal error. For more information about the error, either turn on IncludeExceptionDetailInFaults (either from ServiceBehaviorAttribute or from the configuration behavior) on the server in order to send the exception information back to the client, or turn on tracing as per the Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0 SDK documentation and inspect the server trace logs.
After this I followed the solution posted here: http://blogs.technet.com/b/sykhad-msft/archive/2012/02/25/sharepoint-2010-nailing-the-error-quot-the-security-token-service-is-unavailable-quot.aspx which brought no solution.
Please help me on this one. Kind regards.
//EDIT: Some additional information, which might be useful. The root-site in IIS is Sharepoint Web Services, which runs under the application pool SharePoint Web Services Root. If I click on Basic settings and then on "Test settings..." I am getting 2 green checks.
Moving one layer down, to the SecurityTokenServiceApplication: This one is running under the SecurityTokenServiceApplicationPool. Clicking on test settings here results in an error:
Invalid application path
I have checked, that the managed account that runs the SecurityTokenServiceApplicationPool has valid credentials, is member of the Farm-administrator group and is local administrator.
- Windows Server 2008 R2
- Sharepoint Server 2010 SP2
- installed as standalone farm
- configured via wizard
EDIT2: Progress Thanks to Ali Sharepoint's hints I was able to make some progress, which as of yet did not bring the solution.
In IIS I can test the settings / connection and both come back with a green tick.
The Claims service is started and running.
The Token Service itself has a status of
Yet the errors described above (Connection refused) still persist and I am not able browse the service.
//Update 22.11.13 I am in the process of comparing the settings of one of our productive environments, one of the dev-machines and the failing dev machine. None of the working environments use a specific account fpr the TokenService. Testing the settings there always results in an error. Also the Claims service is disabled and yet the Service is issing tokens.