I have a SharePoint 2013 farm with a couple legacy site collections running in 2010 Experience mode.
Search works fine for the 2013 sites, and search successfully crawls all sites.
When I try to use search on the 2010 sites, I get:
"Unable to display this Web Part. To troubleshoot the problem, open this Web page in a Microsoft SharePoint Foundation-compatible HTML editor such as Microsoft SharePoint Designer. If the problem persists, contact your Web server administrator."
I have gone through everything I can think of.
- Cloned the site and upgraded the clone to 2013 (search works)
- created a new 2010 expierence site collection, the problem persisted.
- applied all CU's up to October 26'th
- Changed the master pages.
- Deleted and rebuilt the search application
- Double checked database permissions on the SQL Server
At this point I'm at a loss, and I cant find anything about it.