I have a very simple custom list in a Sharepoint 2007 which I'm having an issue with attachments disappearing when content approval is switched on and I edit an item that was previously approved. It happens when I do the following:
- I add a new item to my list with an attachment (it doesn't seem to matter what type of attachment. The approval status of the item is now 'Pending'.
- I then approve the item. I am still able to access the attachment when it is approved.
- I then edit the item (the attachment is still shown on the edit form). However, once I press OK the attachment disappears!
Even when I approve the item again, the attachment is no longer visible. I've also tried the following:
- I've tried reattaching the file but I get the following error:
- I've turned on Item Version History for the list then repeated the above steps. The attachment still exists on the version 1.0, but not version 2.0.
- I've also found that when you add another attachment to a document it, the original attachment reappears:
Is there any way around this so attachments stay with the latest version when content approval is switched on?
Thanks for your help,