I'm using Visual Studio 2010 to develop a SharePoint Server 2010 solution. Part of this includes custom Page Layouts, but when editing them, intellisense is completely broken, since Visual Studio doesn't appear to know how to handle them. Here's what I've done:
- Created a new blank solution
- Right-clicked on the solution and created a new "Empty SharePoint Project"
- Added references to
System.Weband anything else a Publishing Page Layout would use
- Right-clicked on the project and created a new "Module"
- Renamed sample.txt to MyPageLayout.aspx or created a new ASPX Web Form
At this point, intellisense for the new Page Layout is broken. It gets even worse with tools like ReSharper installed. Also, things like "Format Document" will break the Page Layout (by for example changing
What I've tried to get intellisense working:
- Added a Web.config from a standard Web Application Project to the root of the SharePoint Project - made no difference.
- Added the
ProjectGuidfor a Web Application Project to the SharePoint project file - broke the project.
Is there any way to get intellisense, and the rest of the support Visual Studio can offer for Web Forms, available when developing SharePoint 2010 Page Layouts?