I have sharePoint 2010 installed in a dev environment. I am a developer who is reasonably new to SP.
All of a sudden central admin no longer works up until yesterday I was getting there using:
When I browse here now I am faced with this:
HTTP/1.1 200 OK Server: Microsoft-IIS/7.5 Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2013 04:03:29 GMT Connection: close
There is nothing in the ULS logs at all. I have spent the last few hours researching however without a clear ULS log entry or a clear browser error I am a bit stuck. here is what I have done:
run the product configuration wizard. note - I did not disconnect from the server farm and I said no this machine will continue to host the web site. It goes through 9 of 9 steps with success and then open a browser at this URL:
but shows this:
Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Troubleshoot issues with Microsoft SharePoint Foundation. Correlation ID: b473c2e3-8b67-4a84-a2d0-ac374b2bbd69 Date and Time: 9/18/2013 2:40:45 PM
when I go into ULS viewer and look at the correlationtree it show this:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at Microsoft.SharePoint.WebControls.SPRibbon..ctor() at ASP._admin_admin_master._BuildControl_control30() at ASP._admin_admin_master._BuildControl_control21() at ASP._admin_admin_master._BuildControl_control2() at ASP._admin_admin_master.__BuildControlTree(_admin_admin_master __ctrl) at System.Web.UI.MasterPage.CreateMaster(TemplateControl owner, HttpContext context, VirtualPath masterPageFile, IDictionary contentTemplateCollection) at System.Web.UI.Page.get_Master()
at System.Web.UI.Page.ApplyMasterPage() at System.Web.UI.Page.PerformPreInit() at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
Next I read about provisioning so I ran this:
psconfig.exe -cmd adminvs -unprovision
and then this:
psconfig.exe -cmd adminvs provision -port 8888 -windowsauthprovider onlyusentlm
All three steps for both commands ran with success
But I still have no central admin. I ran the product configuration wizard again after the re-provisioning however I get the same result. I have no idea what to do, Help...
The only major thing I did yesterday was to delete two web applications. They were both failed attempts at configuring mySite. I am unsure what I did wrong. I followed these steps [http://sharepointgeorge.com/2010/configuring-my-site-sharepoint-2010/] which look very through however after completion I was getting a website can not be displayed when I tried to browse to the profile and the mySite.
I have also recycled both the central admin and the web services root app pools
Editing - adding solution - Apparently this error:
HTTP/1.1 200 OK Server: Microsoft-IIS/7.5 Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2013
means there the web application can not find the site collection. Commonly found if you try to browse to a web application before a site collection is created.
So After hours and hours of research the very last thing I tried was to detach and re-attach the content database. The problem was this did not work:
It is thought that its becasue the content database is attached to an SPAdministrationWebApplication web application rather than a normal SPWebApplication. so this did work:
get-spcontentdatabase -webapplication http://siteaddress | dismount-SPcontentdatabase
Then to re-attach:
Mount-SPContentdatabase -name SharePoint_AdminContent_be612b9b-749d-4e20-b5a7-f14aa0c5fd90 -DatabaseServer DEV-SQL01-VM -Webapplication http://siteaddress
After this every thigs is back to normal. I still do not know how the occurred