I am having difficulty in creating a holiday/vacation request form in SharePoint 2013. I have loosely based my solution from a different guide which was tailored for SharePoint 2007 which can be found here, adjusting it where necessary for my particular needs. However, there seems to be a problem during the latter stages of the workflow execution which is proving to be an impasse for me at present.
The workflow should run as follows. Upon form submission:
- Assign the specified supervisor a task to review and approve or reject the request.
- If approved, send an email to HR with the details of the request
- Send the person that submitted the request a confirmation message
- Add the name and dates to a departmental vacation calendar
- If rejected, send the requester a message with supervisor comments
The workflow looks like this at present:
It's still a WIP, but my workflow is currently able to email the supervisor with the dates, but after I accept or reject the holiday request, the workflow does not progress to the next step as illustrated in Visio live view, the workflow stops just before:
This suggests to me that I have a problem where I am turning my Tasks:Vacation Request Approve Status to the local variable HolidayApproved, which is supposed to trigger the email which formally approves or denies the holiday request. I don't know whether it's because I've been staring at this problem for a while, but I can't figure out why it's not passing the value.
Could anybody spare a few minutes so see where I'm going wrong? If you need any additional information, let me know and I'll post it up.