Discussion Board OOB Webpart (xsltListViewWebpart) on a publishing page causes the Edit Page functionality not to work/function after publishing the page.
Steps to reproduce:
- Create a Site Collection (Publishing Portal)
- Go to Manage Site Features in Site settings. Activate "Team Collaboration Lists"
- Go to Site Contents and add a new Discussion Board list.
- Go to Pages library and add a webpart page.
- On the Webpart page add Discussion board (list) webpart (choose the new discussion
board from Apps)
- Check in the page and publish it.
- Observe that the Edit option is still existing on the top right corner ribbon on the page.
- Click Edit Option from the ribbon and it fails to get the Page in edit mode.
- At this point we can only edit if we explicitly checkout the page.