I have a business portal configured using "Online SharePoint Service". Now I want to integrate our LMS (Leave Management System) with that portal. Below is little bit more information and difficulties in defining approach.
- Current LMS is developed in ASP.NET and hosted on local server.
- Current LMS have set of users which can use it by logging into application using Login functionality of site.
- Current LMS is accessed by the users, whose information are stored in Database. In other words, we are not using "Windows Authentication" for logging in to application.
I would like to know that, how can I develop the below mentioned, proposed functionality to integrate LMS with Online SharePoint Service.
- Integrate LMS with SharePoint portal. (Placing published code on same server or other dedicated .Net server)
- All the users logged into the SharePoint can directly access the LMS without asking for Login again. Existing users needs to be added in SharePoint portal and access application from there.
- Authentication of users using comparison in database should be removed and other approach like Windows Authentication or any other.
- Mechanism and changes in existing application to provide such functionality
Any kind of assistance would be highly appreciated.