I hope this is the right place to post my question.
I am looking for a way to centrally store and manage passwords for different applications and users within our company. These are not windows-accounts but shared accounts (example : application ERP uses SQL-account John with password Doe to connect to SQLServer SQL2005) The goal is to provide our developers with a central location where they can find which account/password to use to what ends.
According to MoSCoW:
- M: All developers can read existing records.
- S: Only specific developers should be able to edit records.
- C: All developers can insert new records.
- W: Data is partitioned: what records are visible is decided per developer/group
- W: Records can be retrieved using a webapi
What would be the best way to do this? A sharepoint list? A specialized app you can recommend me? An Excel-sheet protected with a password? (ugh!)
We are now using Sharepoint Online and are on the verge of migrating to Sharepoint Online 2013.