My attempts to retrieve UserProfile data for InfoPath form open all end badly with the same error so I have simplified down to one test case which I will try to describe below.
Symptom 1: Event ID 5566 is logged after clicking "Add document" in Forms library. Error Message from InfoPath Forms Services can be seen here in this .txt file
Symptom 2: When clicking Preview on the local .xsn file in the InfoPath 2010 Designer: Screenshot of this simple form and messages can be seen in this .png file.
Details: I am logged on locally as sharepointAdmin on the SharePoint 2010 Enterprise Server:
- Farm Information - Configuration database version: 14.0.6117.5002 (SP1 & hotfixes)
- All SP web applications configured to use Classic Authentication
- An intranet test system with SQL2008R2 and Office 2010 Professional Plus on same PC
I created a simple Info Path 2010 form logged on as sharepointAdmin. I saved it on a local drive with this goofy but descriptive name (i.e. everything is on same PC):
It has 2 textboxes only which are trying to get data from the web method GetUserProfileByName according to Itay Shakury's blog. NOTE: There was a prompt for a string value to be passed to tns:AccountName but I read his blog advice as best to click NEXT and skip that so I did. I checked "Automatically retrieve data when form is opened".
When finished in the Data Connections wizard creating the formulas for retrieval from the web method, I clicked the Convert to Connection File button and stored it to a previously created Data Connections library as:
I uploaded this .UDCX file to my Google Drive which could be seen via this link:
I chose Connection link type labeled Relative to site collection (recommended) - rather than Centrally managed connection library (advanced).
I published the form itself to
UPDATE with more info about a different simpler attempt at a workaround 05/29/2013:
One of the ideas below UNCHECKS "Automatically retrieve data when form is opened" in the data connection and adds 1 rule at Form Load. This workaround still fails but does NOT throw the Event ID 5566 anymore. Two artifacts about this attempt follow: UPDATE with ULS entries requested by Alexey Krasheninnikov 05/31/2013:
The 6 ULS records matched with one of the correlation ID values when the Event ID 5566 gets thrown. In ULSViewer, I found one of the correlations that matched and there were 6 log records which I selected and exported to a .txt file and uploaded to Google Drive here: