I am hosting wss 3.0 web application in windows 2003 server with sql 2005 express edition. we are leveraging lots of out of the box functionality, but we also have some custom features and web parts. Recently we were having very very slow performance in the site. I found out one of the custom feature was looping infinitely. Feature concatenates two list columns values into another field. After finding that out i killed the workflow attached to that feature. Website started working very fast again.
Everything was going well until i found out the content database that was close to 1.5 gb has turned into 43.6 gb. I have tried restarting timer services, restarted sql server, restarted sharepoint server. I also tried shrinking unused space of the data file using sql management studio shrink funcationality.
So far No Sucess, if anyone has encountered such a issue, please advise. Thank You