Is there a way to assign this permission level? Currently the lowest permission level that allows adding is Contribute. Unfortunately this allows users with this level to add/edit/delete all posts in this list? How can I make it so users can add to the list, but only have the ability to edit or delete their own posts?
I had this problem too. I found an answer that actually works:
Create a permission level with Delete Items selected
- Site Settings > Site Permissions > Permission Levels >
- From here you can either click Add a Permission Level or click on an existing Permission Level (i.e., Contribute), scroll down to the bottom and click Copy Permission Level. Give it a name like "Contribute Delete"
Open SharePoint Designer as Admin or make sure the user account that you are signed in with has the permission to delete items)
- Click on the list that you want to use your new permission level for
- List Workflow > Type your Workflow Name > SharePoint 2010 Workflow > OK
- Click above Step 1 > Click Impersonation Step
Click inside the Impersonation Step > Action (Ribbon) > Under List Actions click "Add List Item Permissions"
Click "these permissions" > Add > Choose > User who created the Item > OK > Check your permission level that you created in Step 1 > OK > OK
Click "this list" > make sure Current Item is selected > OK > Publish the workflow
Make sure that "Start workflow automatically when an item is created" is checked in the Start Options