My customer is unable to upload multiple files to a document library in SharePoint 2010 Server.
Here’s how they produce the error:
1. They go to the document library, hit the "Documents" tab and the "Upload document" button.
2. On the new dialog, they hit the link "Upload multiple files..."
3. They select 3 files in the explorer window and click OK.
4. The upload fails, displaying the error message: http://images.devs-on.net/Image/K0ZV2vLpAdTfYJXE-Region.png ("cannot run microsoft sharepoint foundation on the page"… upload.aspx)
They have the following environment: Server: SharePoint 2010 Server on Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard. Workstations: Windows XP MS Office 2007
Now, here’s the interesting thing: I don’t get the error when uploading files to their SharePoint server via my laptop with Windows 7 and MS Office 2010. Also, my upload windows looks different from theirs, offering drag-and-drop functionality.
Hours of Google troubleshooting has produced the following fruitless leads:
- Due to insufficient permissions: http://www.sharepoint-guru.com/2011/05/problem-with-uploading-multiple.html This doesn’t seem to be the case as it is happening to their super user with “Full control” permissions on the web site.
- Due to a corrupt Upload.aspx: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/sharepointadmin/thread/2a481af5-ce41-41b0-b352-070a9ac73f11 This doesn’t seem to be the case either – their Upload.aspx already looks correct.
So, what could it be then? I'm clean out of ideas so any help is greatly appreciated!