in order to configure my sites in sharepoint 2013, we need to start user profile synchronization service. while starting that service it should populate user profile application. for me it is not populating. so im trying to create user profile service application,then im getting this request timed out error.
Let's do it step by step:
- Make sure that Farm Administrator account must be a Local Administrator on the server where the User Profile Synchronization Service will be provisioned.
- Navigate to Central Administration >> Application Management >> Manage Service Manage Application>> Click on New >> Select
- Enter Name, Application Pool Name and account
- Now enter the name of other databases like Social, profile etc. I will leave it by default
Now start the User profile service by going into Central Admin >> System Service>> Manage Services on the server
Now start User Profile Synchronization Service by giving the Farm admin credentials
- Make sure that ForeFront Identity Manager Services (FIM) are correctly configured and started
- Perform an IISReset and go get a coffee cup :)
- Now, set up the sync connection by going to Manage Service Application > User Profile Service > Configure Synchronization Connection > Create new Connection (Note sync account in this case, dev_spadaccount must be granted the Create Child Objects (permissions) on the OU you are Syncing with.
- Populate the containers and select the required AD's Organization Unit to be Synced. Click on and Start the Full Import.
- Remove the Farm account from local admins on the box running FIM