In the SharePoint farm we have, the inactive user profiles (those are disabled in AD) are not being removed when i am running the my site cleanup timer job. I verified the configuration of User Profile and found the following steps
- I have configured my site host for the User Profile
- When I run the profile synchronization I observe that in MISCLINET (Forefront Client) it’s marking the profiles for deleting (i.e., it showing deletes value to 138 which are the total inactive profiles I have)
- But when I query the Profile Database(UserProfile_Full table) it’s showing the bDeleted = 1 instead of 0 for all the profiles.
- And I observed that the inactive profiles are not being moved to the "Missing from Import Sub type".
- Then, when I run the my site clean up timer job it’s finishing the job in 0 seconds which means that the job is not running successfully.
I am following this MSDN article for solving it http://blogs.msdn.com/b/kaevans/archive/2012/06/25/top-recommendations-for-managing-the-my-site-cleanup-timer-job.aspx