A timer job solution has been written and installed to our farm. It appeared to install correctly.

However when you go to Central Admin under timer jobs and look at http://CentralAdmin/_admin/ServiceJobDefinitions.aspx for the Web Application we deployed the solution to, all the timer jobs happen to be missing.

Has anyone else had this problem and how do we fix it without having to delete the web application and restore all the databases again.

  • How is the TimerJob registered to the WebApplication? If in feature receiver is that feature activated? – Per Jakobsen Oct 19 '12 at 12:00
  • You can see other timer jobs right? – David Lozzi Oct 19 '12 at 12:31
  • Sounds like something drastic needs to happen, I think restoring may be the only option. Might be worth trying to add another application server to the mix to see if it sets up the timer jobs for the web app perhaps? – pigeon Oct 20 '12 at 11:07
  • The timerjob is activated by a feature. It is active. You cannot see any other timer job at all. According to the logs and history job files, no timer jobs are running. – Cann0nF0dder Oct 22 '12 at 8:54
  • In the end we have recreated the web application and restored all the databases. Luckly this all happened on our build server. Very concerned that this will happen again on our live server, so still hoping someone will know an answer why this is happening, and how to fix it without restore. – Cann0nF0dder Oct 22 '12 at 8:55

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.