I have a list of items I was told I should learn below. Can you tell me if there is one that I should remove and one I can add that will help me learn sharepoint backend development. I have been working on ASP.net and I have a good handle on Objects (I think) I also have been trying all of the "Hello World" web part examples and failing to get any to finish working. So I figured I needed some advice to help me learn what I need to be able to start working on SharePoint. Where I work we have moved to SharePoint and I have SharePoint server for my local machine so I can practice.
I currently use VS 2008 and 3.5 framework and SharePoint 2007.
Thanks for all suggestions.
- ASP.NET User Controls
- Intrinsic Objects (HttpContext,Application, Request, Response, Server, etc.)
- ASP.NET Page life-cycle
- ASP.NET Web App configuration files
- .NET Namespaces
- Properties and Methods
- Implementation (interfaces and abstracts)
SharePoint Features Development
- Visual Studio SharePoint Project Extensions/Templates
- SharePoint Object Model
- Deploying Features using STSADM