- SharePoint 2007 Team Site
- Add a Document Library with the Word 2003 template
- Add a new item, save, close document, no problems
- Add a (required) custom lookup field to the document library
- Add a new item, select lookup value, save, close document, problems
After step 5, when I return to the doc lib, the item appears to be checked out and the lookup field value has not saved. I then have to edit properties and set the lookup value before it will let me check it in.
By default, the option in Document Library Settings -> Versioning is set to "No" for requiring items to be checked in and out. Toggling this option has no effect on the above behaviour. I've also confirmed that a regular Choice field, even if required, doesn't cause this behaviour. As far as I can tell so far, it's only the Lookup field that does it. Also, this behaviour occurs at every site level.
I've search online a little bit and didn't find anybody else with this issue, so I suspect it's a conflict with our Office integration, but I thought somebody on here might have a more specific idea.