Just looking for some ideas around how to solve this particular problem.
Case: My Intranet pages (publishing pages with workflow) are flagged with an expiry date and I am using the notify page contact option to send out a reminder email 7 days prior to the page expiring. This was being used as a strategy to keep the content on the intranet fresh and relevant and was working fine. Now, the email notifications are not being sent to the page contact. All other notifications on the site are working as expected.
- Publishing template pages
- MOSS2007 SP2 and WSS3.0, SP2, v126.96.36.19921
- 2003 Server SP2
Was alerttemplates.xml modified? No
Is there a timer job definition for sending email reminders? Yes
- Immediate Alerts - Intranet - Minutes
- Scheduled Page Review - Intranet - Daily
- Scheduled Page Unpublish - Intranet - Minutes
What is the Timer job Status?
- Immediate Alerts - SERVER1 - Succeeded - 100% - (date: time)
- Scheduled Page Review - SERVER1 - Succeeded - 100% - (date: time)
- Scheduled Page Unpublish - SERVER1 - Succeeded - 100% - (date: time)
Are alerts enabled? yes, as other alerts and notifications etc are working as expected...
Does exchange server allow sending of emails from the farm? yes, as normal alerts and "send to" functionality are working as expected...
Object Cache flush No change
Still to try: Clear config cache. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/939308
Any other suggestions on how I might troubleshoot this and get these email notifications working again?
Thanks for looking