Should I use Backup-SPFarm or Backup-SPSite to backup a site collection with it's content database? Dont both of them backs up with it's content database?
- You can run it only for a site collection but it doesn't offer any backups at the Content Databases level.
- If you want to back up multiple site collections then you will have to run it each time.
- Backup-SPSite offers more level of granulity and scope which Backup-Farm doesn't offer.
- For backing up all the content Databases, web applications, service application etc. you may use Backup-SPFarm because the scope is beyond any individual site collection.
- It can't target the individual site collection within a content database, which makes it different from Backup-SPSite cmdlt.
If you have only single site collection to back up, then go for Back-SPSite