I want to start a complex and lengthy Power automate flow. which contain actions that do not have relevant Power automate built-in actions, those operations include:-
- Create a sharing links for anonymous users using passwords
- Create a sharing link for external users and get the sharing link inside the workflow to build an html table of all the sharing links and send them all at once.
- Breaking Permission inheritance of an item and of a document
- Fetching all Permission assignments of an item and of a document
- Removing all Permission assignments of an item and of a document
- Reset Role inheritance of an item and of a document
So the only option I have is to send HTTP requests to SharePoint using "Send HTTP request to SharePoint" action to implement the above functionalities:
Now based on my reading is that Microsoft is considering SharePoint API as a legacy API and it is advising us to use the Graph APIs instead. but i am facing an issue, is that currently (as of May 2023) Microsoft graph API does not support all of my above operations on items and documents. so this led me to ask myself, will I be doing things correctly (and in a recommended way) by implementing all the above functionalities using "Send an HTTP request to SharePoint"? and what other approaches I can have which are more recommended and more future-proof?